Sunday, May 31, 2009

You get what you deserve.

So I am going to veer off the course of my usual posts here and throw in a curveball. This post is a little personal much like my posts about my accident from a few years ago but I have found that I am in a comfort zone and able to jot a few things down.
Back in 1995 I met this girl who at the time was 19. We hit it off and somehow, someway, I fell in love and quit working in Alaska to spend more time with this person. About 5 years went by and I married her and what do you know but about 7 years later I had enough of many issues and went my own way.
I am now with a woman whom after all this yammering is the subject of my post. She started out as a friend whom I eventually started dating and turns out we are quite the couple. I was in a relationship that was not healthy and now that I am in a good trusting and most of all respectfull relationship I have no idea how I managed so long before.
This woman I am with is named Lisa and she has turned out to be one of the best friends I have ever had. I am comfortable telling her anything and knowing that she is not judgemental or in the least bit condecending about what I choose to do. Makes things a lot easier as far as being myself. For those of you that are in a healthy relationship you will understand. For the unfortunate few that are not I am sorry. All I can say is your time will come. I have never met a more accepting person and this is not to say I am difficult just that no matter how you look at things there will be a difference in how things are looked at simply because we are different sexes. Being different is not a bad things as long as you respect each others views. I have found that is one of the keys to a good relationship. Respect each other and it will take you a long ways. Advice from a guy who has been there and done that more than he cares to admit.
As a closing to this little personal post I just want to say. If you found something that works for you.....then run with it and make the best of what you have. You just never know.

-Charlie-

P.S.
The silly woman at the bottom of my blog is the one who has made me so happy for the last year. Thanks babe for the pose.

6 comments:

  1. Bravo! I too have found my "soul mate". We'll be celebrating our 29th Ann. in two weeks.

    Never too late to find happiness! Congratulations! Your a winner!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This silly women loves you very much and your welcome for the pose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlie:

    You're a very lucky guy. Are you far from Palouse Falls ? We were thinking of passing through the Palouse next week on a circle route to the Oregon Coast. Last year we stayed in Ritzville, WA on our way to Hell's Canyon, but missed the falls. There is a road on the east side of Lower Granite Lake that looked interesting. Can this be navigated without 4WD ?


    That is a great picture (and pose)

    bob
    bobskoot: wet coast scootin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady Ridesalot - Thank you and congratulations on 29years.

    Bobskoot - Yea I am lucky. It is about an hour and 30 minutes drive from Spokane. Most of the roads in that area are well taken care of and i have not seen one in that area that could not be ridden or driven by any vehicle. Granite Dam and Palouse Falls are neat things to see out in the middle of nowhere.

    -Charlie-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most people don't know how to look for and find healthy relationships...not for many years at least...I speak from my own experience alone...I didn't find my perfect friend and lover until two years ago. I'm 54 this year.

    Better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friends first. Works well. Here's to you two. By the way, if you don't mind a little tip on the blog post font. If you switch to standard Arial font you won't get those things like the weird "d"s. For what it's worth.

    ReplyDelete